Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another First

Today Samuel went for his first doctor visit that was not just a well-baby visit. The last couple of days I had noticed some white stuff on his tongue that wasn't going away so I called the nurse and she said I should bring him in just to make sure it wasn't thrush. So we packed up at 7:30 this morning and headed out. Good news--no thrush. Apparently he has a sponge-like tongue that just likes to hold onto a little milk. Who knew you could have a sponge-like tongue? Dr. Ruff did tell me what to look for if he ever really does have thrush, so now we know. We did find out that he now weighs 10 lbs, 5oz. which was more than a pound over what I guessed! That's two and a half pounds in two and a half weeks! No wonder he's growing out of his newborn clothes! When we got home we both ate breakfast and took a nap. He always takes a nap at this time of day and I am fighting off a sore throat. We've been out somewhere every day this week, so today we're staying in, doing laundry and taking it easy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...