Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Little Sister-an update

It’s been awhile since I posted about Molly’s recent developments and 20 years from now I don’t want to forget what she was like at this age so here you go! 

At almost 17 months she…

IMG_1964

Loves to play outside.  She will sneak out if you’re not watching closely.  And she loves to “run” down the sidewalk as fast as those chubby little legs will carry her.  The faster she goes the more the arms swing side to side.  It’s hilarious.  Imagine an old, old woman jogging and that’s about what she looks like.  Not to mention that her speed is about the same as a very old lady.  No complaint from me! 

IMG_1997

She loves her brother and he loves her.  Just in the last month they have become such good buddies.  You can often find them laying on Samuel’s bed, looking at books or playing babies in Molly’s room.  He hollers for her and she goes running.  It’s sweet and also very nice for me.  Shower in peace?  Why yes, I think I will!  She missed him like crazy on Tuesday when he went back to school and Miss Laura says Samuel missed her too.  This morning I heard him telling her that she didn’t have to be sad while he was gone because Jesus is always with us.  Sweet boy.

She does have an uncanny ability to know when you’re in the bathroom.  I have tried every manner of sneaking in there when I think she’s distracted and it never fails that she comes toddling in just when I think I’m in the clear.   Then she promptly lays her head in my lap.  Nice.  Sadly, we have no lock on the bathroom door.

IMG_2002

She is still a great sleeper. You can ask her if she’s ready for bed and she’ll bob that little head up and down and head to her room.  It’s great.  She’s generally content and happy unless she’s hungry or tired.  Then you’re in trouble.

She’s gone from wanting to be held every waking moment to maybe half of her waking moments.  Progress! The girl can be insistent!  You can ignore her for so long until she’s practically climbing your leg and screaming like a banshee.  Then you’ll do anything just to protect your eardrums. I am a pro at cooking one-handed.  My dad says I made her that way but I’ve never seen HIM turn her down when she raises those arms up!

IMG_2008

She’s getting sillier by the day but how can you not when you live with Michael and Samuel Burns?

IMG_2012

Her vocabulary includes Mama, Bubba, Dada, Meme(for the grandmas) and Papa(for the grandpas), ball, book, baby and uh oh.  She’s not talking much but can get the point across with varying levels of “Aaaahh!” and pointing.  She resorts to grabbing your face and pointing it in the right direction if she’s super serious(typically when it includes food). 

She’s wearing 18-24 month clothes, size 4 shoe and a size 4 diaper.  She loves babies and purses and emptying wallets.  She’s a fan of  walking through a room, pulling stuff out of drawers as she goes.  I tried to make her pick it all up but she thought that was fun too so now she’ll empty a drawer just so she can stuff it all back in.   Lovely. 

And that’s our girl!  Love these days with her.  Time is flying by too fast!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...