Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of MOPS

Today was our first day of MOPS for the semester.  I love MOPS and I didn’t get to go last year because there wasn’t a spot open in Samuel’s age group.  But this year I signed up back in May so both children had a spot even before we had a name for Molly!  So we all made some new friends today, Samuel got some much needed time away from Mommy with children his own age and I got some much needed time away from him! Smile

IMG_7752

We were so on top of things this morning that we even got a couple of pictures before we got in the car.

IMG_7754IMG_7758

Samuel is figuring out that Molly’s meal times are prime opportunities to disobey because Mommy can’t really do anything about it.  However, today he is learning that I still remember AFTER we’re finished and he still gets in trouble.  It’s tough to be two.

He’s still a chatter box all day every day.  Yesterday our grocery store conversation went something like this:

“Mommy, those grapes look good, let’s get some grapes.  Mommy, Daddy needs some more apples he only has one left (he was right we only had one apple left, how does he know that?)  Mommy, I want to stand up in the cart but we have to listen and obey in the grocery store and you would say no.  Mommy, why is she wearing a yellow shirt? Mommy, I said hi to him and he didn’t say hi to me.  You say we’re supposed to answer people when they talk to us. (Thank you for the manner lesson, son.)  Mommy, what are those? I need some of that.  Mommy, Molly is spitting up.   Clean her mouth off.  And so on and so forth for the entire 45 minutes we were in the store.  Sometimes I regret ever teaching him my name but he is pretty entertaining.

IMG_7760

Baby sister is still eating, sleeping and pooping like a champ.  She is getting lots of little fat rolls but she still has skinny hands and ankles.  She’s outgrown her newborn diapers and one piece outfits.  I can’t really believe that she’s growing so fast.  Overall, she’s a really good baby.  She does have the ability to make her presence known when she needs to.  I think she already understands that she’s going to have to fight her brother to get a word in edgewise. 

It appears that she has a blocked tear duct in her left eye which the Dr.  warned us would probably be the case after she had an eye infection.

Other than that we’re all doing great!

IMG_7746IMG_7747

1 comment:

Kim Garner said...

Stef, she is sooo sweet! Thanks for posting pics and I'll have to post some of Anna soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...