Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Finger Paints

I saw this recipe for edible finger paint on Pinterest and thought we would give it a try this morning. So I pulled out some poster board we had leftover from VBS and we decided to make a Welcome Home Molly sign for her bedroom door.

IMG_7526

While the edible playdoh looks just yummy, you probably won’t want to consume large quantities of this stuff.  But it’s safe for two-year-olds who like to taste everything.

 

What I wasn’t thinking about was the fact that our two-year-old doesn’t really like to get his hands yucky.  Seriously, what toddler doesn’t like to hear that they actually have permission to make a huge mess?

IMG_7528

So we ended up finger painting with a spoon.

IMG_7531

You can tell by the look on his face that he still wasn’t a huge fan and it only lasted about as long as it took me to snap a few photos.

IMG_7533

 

Maybe we’ll try it again with Molly someday.

IMG_7539

 

Changing the subject a little, I just wanted to record a few of the funny things he’s been saying lately so I won’t forget what he was like at 2 and a half:

  • Oh look, my feet are turning big!
  • I can’t, Daddy, I’m busy right now!
  • People call you Stefanie but I call you Mommy!
  • After crying about something…”I’m happy now!”
  • Hey, Daddy, how was your morning?  Pretty good?
  • I need some food!

And here’s a little conversation we had on the way home from the grocery store last week:

Samuel:  I don’t want to turn free on my birfday.

Mommy:  Really?  Why not?

Samuel: I just want to stay two.  I like to be two.

Mommy:  Well, that’s why we have birthdays.  Every year we get one number older.

Samuel:  Well, I don’t want to be free I’ll just stay two.  Okay?

Mommy:  Okay.  (What else could I say?  I think I’ll follow his idea and stick to 29 on my birthday.  Ha!)

I’m sure there’s more but I can’t think of them right now.  He definitely keeps us laughing most of the time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...